All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when one of the most widely used quality improvement methodologies meets the world's leading statistical software for quality improvement? Packed with case studies in a variety of sectors, including health care, manufacturing, airlines, and fast food restaurants, Six Sigma Case Studies with Minitab(R) shows you how to maximize the quality analysis and improvement tools available in Minitab(R) for your Six Sigma projects. Highly illustrated, the book includes detailed steps and more than 380 screenshots that explain how to use: * Confidence Interval Estimation * Hypothesis Testing * Chi-Square Analysis * Process Capability Analysis * Binary Logistic Regression * Item Analysis * Cluster Analysis * Mixture Design and Analysis of Experiments * Multivariate Analysis * Pareto Charts * Cause-and-Effect Diagram * Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Analysis * Taguchi Design and Analysis of Experiments * Factorial Design and Analysis of Experiments * Statistical Control Charts The case studies demonstrate the wide range of sectors and uses for Six Sigma and Minitab(R). The screenshots provide exceptional detail and the book includes explanations for many Six Sigma terms and an appendix with the contents of the Minitab(R) worksheets that are referred to in most of the chapters. These features and more give you the tools to meet the challenges of continuous improvement expected in today's marketplace.
- Author BiographyKishore K. Pochampally, PhD, is an associate professor of quantitative studies, operations and project management at Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU) in Manchester (NH). His prior academic experience is as a post-doctoral fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge (MA). He earned a PhD in industrial engineering from Northeastern University in Boston. He teaches Six Sigma courses at SNHU and conducts Lean Six Sigma training at service organizations. He is a Six Sigma Black Belt (American Society for Quality) and a Project Management Professional (PMP(R)). Surendra M. Gupta, PhD, PE, is a professor of mechanical and industrial engineering and the director of the Laboratory for Responsible Manufacturing, Northeastern University. He earned his BE in electronics engineering from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, his MBA from Bryant University, and his MSIE and PhD in industrial engineering from Purdue University. He is a registered professional engineer in the state of Massachusetts. Dr. Gupta's research interests are in the areas of production/ manufacturing systems and operations research. He is mostly interested in environmentally conscious manufacturing, reverse and closed-loop supply chains, disassembly modeling, and remanufacturing. He has authored or coauthored more than 450 technical papers published in books, journals, and international conference proceedings. His publications have been cited by thousands of researchers all over the world in journals, proceedings, books, and dissertations. He has traveled to all seven continents-Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America-and presented his work at international conferences on six continents. Dr. Gupta has taught more than 100 courses in such areas as operations research, inventory theory, queueing theory, engineering economy, supply chain management, and production planning and control. He has received many recognitions, including the Outstanding Research Award and Outstanding Industrial Engineering Professor Award (in recognition of teaching excellence) from Northeastern University and the National Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Advisor Award.
- Author(s)Kishore K. Pochampally,Surendra M. Gupta
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication08/01/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note395 black & white illustrations, 52 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.