Six Sigma Execution: How the World's Greatest Companies Live and Breathe Six Sigma by George Eckes (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrue leadership, asserts Six Sigma authority George Eckes, is devoted to execution. Eckes witnessed firsthand the successful execution of Six Sigma when business leader Jack Welch at General Electric wholly committed to the methodology, adopting it as a true management philosophy. The author also witnessed how a lack of leadership and commitment can derail a Six Sigma initiative - or even doom it to failure before it gets off the ground. In Six Sigma Execution , Eckes draws on his vast professional experience to describe the business acumen and leadership skills needed to effectively incorporate Six Sigma into an organization's DNA, executing initiatives throughout the entire company. He delivers a practical blueprint that simulates the training and coaching sessions used with his own clients, providing you with the dialogue, tools, tactics, and cautionary advice you can use to spearhead and deploy a Six Sigma effort of any size.In this book, you will discover the characteristics of top Six Sigma leadership as Eckes chronicles the history of the approach from its inception when Bob Galvin incorporated Six Sigma into Motorola's operations to Larry Bossidy, who linked Six Sigma to strategic business objectives at AlliedSignal and Honeywell to GE's Jack Welch, who was the first to truly create a Six Sigma culture. Also addressed is the work of Jeff Immelt, James McNerney, and others.Eckes cites both positive and negative examples of companies that have operationalized Six Sigma, and goes on to deliver clear guidelines for: actively involving management in the Six Sigma process; linking Six Sigma to your company's strategic goals; selecting team leaders and establishing goals for project teams; using Adult Learning Theory to execute Six Sigma training and coaching in a more accessible, efficient manner; using the Define, Measure, Analysis, Improve, Control (DMAIC) method to deliver solutions for problem areas at any phase of implementation; and, avoiding common pitfalls of Six Sigma deployment.Complete with DMAIC breakouts, tables, and inter and post session deliverables, Six Sigma Execution is a breakthrough, hands-on guide to duplicating the success of the Six Sigma pros in your company. Join the ranks of the pros - make Six Sigma a cultural phemen in your organization. General Electric, AlliedSignal, Motorola - You've heard how these top companies increased their efficiency and productivity by successfully implementing Six Sigma in their organizations. You may also have heard how companies such as United and American Airlines failed in their Six Sigma efforts.So what made the difference? How did Six Sigma deliver such strong results for certain companies? And how can you ensure an effective execution in your organization? The answers have one thing in common, asserts Six Sigma professional George Eckes: strong, committed leadership. In his latest breakthrough book, Six Sigma Execution , bestselling author Eckes reveals the leadership skills necessary to manage and maintain a Six Sigma initiative in your organization. Eckes delivers solutions that senior and middle managers can use to effectively deploy a company-wide program, identifying the challenges business leaders face in a Six Sigma world.You'll discover: how top executives such as GE's Jack Welch, AlliedSignal's Larry Bossidy, and Motorola's Bob Galvin shaped the cultural aspect of implementing Six Sigma and executed initiatives across an entire organization; management do's and don'ts on everything from linking Six Sigma to your company's strategic goals to creating a Six Sigma culture to seamlessly rolling out organization-wide initiatives; why certain companies stumbled when it came to execution - and how to avoid those same pitfalls; and, take lessons from the pros. Six Sigma Execution is your one-stop resource for successful implementation across your organization.
- Author BiographyGeorge Eckes is a bestselling Six Sigma author and consultant with over 20 years of experience. His clients have included Motorola, General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Volvo, and others. Eckes's books include the bestseller The Six Sigma Revolution: How General Electric and Others Turned Process Into Profits, which was rated one of the 25 best business books of the new millennium by Strategy & Business magazine.
- Author(s)George Eckes
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight557 g
- Width218 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.00Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.11Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.