All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $7.52Trending at AU $8.17
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.65
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.29
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.74
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $27.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe current, second edition of this book reflects the 15 years of practical experience with the Six Sigma+Lean toolbox. It is a comprehensive collection of all the tools necessary for project work and running workshops when improving processes. All tools have been illustrated in a clear and comprehensible structure with examples and tips for applying the tools included. The chrology corresponds to the procedure of an improvement project comprising the steps D(efine), M(easure), A(nalyze), I(mprove) and C(ontrol). The most important invation of this edition is the fact that it guides the user to select the appropriate tool using questions. The paradigm change from a Toolset to a Mindset has proven worthwhile in project work and ensures that corporate problems are addressed with the goal of achieving efficient solutions rather than having a large quantity of perfect tools to choose from. The efficiency factor of work in projects and workshops will therefore improve significantly. Through this paradigm change, connected with its unique structure, this book provides an effective tool t only for project and workshop leaders but also for the executives/sponsors involved who will be guided to solve the given task formulation quickly and in a sustainable way.
- Author BiographyStephan Lunau has been managing partner of UMS Consulting, Frankfurt, Germany, since 1996. Since 1991 he has been active as a consultant, project leader, trainer and coach. The focus of his work is conceptual development combined with practical implementation of global business excellence projects in industry and service-oriented companies. Renata Meran is a partner of UMS Consulting since 2008. After her degree in Economics with a focus on Statistics and Econometry, she has been project leader in process improvement and process development since 1999. Since 2002 she has been consultant, project leader, trainer and coach for industry and service organizations to implement business excellence initiatives. Her central topics are process improvement, process design and the development and implementation of Operational Excellence, especially in project management, applied statistics, process management, DMAIC development and the development of customized solutions for managers, trainers and coaches. Dr. Alexander John is a partner of UMS Consulting since 2001. He is a consultant, project leader, coach and trainer for international industry and service organizations. His focus is on Operational Excellence within business excellemce initiatives, especially lean management, process improvement, project management, corporate management and controlling. Olin Roenpage is a partner of UMS Consulting since 2001. He is an experienced consultant since 1997, with many years in the deployment of Six Sigma and business excellence initiatives in industry and service organizations of various scope. He consults in the conceptual phase, and accompanies projects during implementation and evaluation. A special focus of his are the soft factors, which are often critical for success. Innovation Excellence is another focus theme for him, when dealing with the development of products, processes and services. He covers both, the methods in processes and the controlling of development processes. Christian Staudter became a partner of UMS Consulting in 2008. With degrees in Telecommunications and Information Technology and in Business, and a certificate as Innovation Manager, he is consultant, project leader, coach and trainer in process optimization, innovation management, product and process development, introduction of project management standards and the implementation of Innovation Excellence in business excellence initiatives, both in the industry and in service-oriented organizations.
- Author(s)Alexander John,Christian Staudter,Olin Roenpage,Renata Meran
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleManagement for Professionals
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight783 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byStephan Lunau
- Translated byAstrid Schmitz
- Edition Statement2nd revised ed. 2013
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.