All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe progressive movement is on the march in America and this accessible book points toward a destination. Sixteen for '16 offers a new agenda for the 2016 US election crafted around sixteen core principles that all progressives can believe in, from securing jobs to saving the Earth. Decades of destructive social, ecomic, and political policies have devastated poor, working, and even middle class American communities. It is w clear to everyone that the emperor has clothes, that harsh austerity does t bring prosperity, and that the wealthy have intention to see their wealth trickle down. Each generation is longer better off than the ones that came before. America w needs jobs, infrastructure, a rededication to public education, universal healthcare, higher taxes on higher incomes, a more secure Social Security, an end to the rule of the bankers, stronger unions, a living minimum wage, better working conditions, an end to the prison state, secure reproductive rights, voter equality, a more moral foreign policy, a more sane environmental policy, and action on global warming. Sixteen for '16 is a manifesto which makes the argument for each of these positions, clearly, concisely, and supported by hard data. As ambitious as these policies are, they represent a beginning, t an end. The progressive agenda laid out in Sixteen for '16 charts a realistic path toward a better tomorrow.
- Author BiographySalvatore Babones is an Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Sydney. He is the author or editor of ten books and more than two dozen academic research articles. His research covers the macro-level structure of the global economy with a particular focus on China. Babones writes extensively on international affairs and is a member of Foreign Affairs magazine's China Brain Trust. He writes a monthly column on China for Al Jazeera English and is a frequent contributor to The National Interest and the Asian Review of Books.
- Author(s)Salvatore J. Babones
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2015
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note18 black & white halftones
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.