All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSjogren's Syndrome: Diagsis and Therapeutics provides a thorough, multisystemic overview of the clinical manifestations of Sjogren's Syndrome. It contains chapters pertinent across the range of medical specialties that may encounter Sjogren's Syndrome cases. Chapters are specialty-specific, for easy reference by the relevant medical specialist. In addition to being a diagstic guide, Sjogren's Syndrome: Diagsis and Therapeutics includes a section on progsis and outcomes of Sjogren's Syndrome patients and provides an exhaustive therapeutic update, focused on new agents and experimental techniques. The inclusion of diagstic/therapeutic algorithms illustrates the text with clinical photographs of the main organs involved and helps the reader to make guided diagstic and therapeutic decisions through decision-based algorithms.
- Author BiographyManuel Ramos Casals, MD, PhD is a Consultant of the Department of Systemic Autoimmune Diseases, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Head of the Josep Font Laboratory of Autoimmune Diseases of the IDIBAPS, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona and Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. He has published more than 100 original articles focused on Sjogren's syndrome and related conditions, has edited 6 books on systemic autoimmune diseases and has received several national grants to investigate autoimmune diseases. John H. Stone, MD, MPH is Clinical Director of Rheumatology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA and the Chairman of the International Network for the Study of the Systemic Vasculitides (INSSYS). Dr Stone's research interests relate to translational investigations in systemic vasculitis. He has directed two multicenter clinical trials in Wegener's granulomatosis and antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis, the Wegener's Granulomatosis Etanercept Trial (WGET) and the Rituximab in ANCA-associated Vasculitis (RAVE) trial. His other research efforts relate to the identification of new biomarkers through proteomic approaches, and to the development of clinical trials' outcome measures in rheumatic autoimmune diseases. Haralampos M. Moutsopoulos, MD, FACP, FRCP is a Professor and Head of the Department of Pathophysiology, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece. He has contributed to current understanding of the clinical aspects, pathogenesis and therapy of autoimmune rheumatic disorders. He is considered a world authority on Sjogren's syndrome (autoimmune epithelitis). His scientific work is extensively cited and he has been presented with numerous national and international awards. The Editors have extensive experience in the management of the main systemic autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, vasculitis and especially Sjogren's syndrome. They have developed many clinical and basic research projects and, in the last 5 years, have published many reports on Sjogren's syndrome and other autoimmune diseases in the leading journals in rheumatology and internal medicine.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication06/12/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1247 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byHaralampos M. Moutsopoulos,John H. Stone,Manuel Ramos-Casals
- Edition Statement2012
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.