All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
About this product
- DescriptionMarked by Irvine Welsh's scabrous humor and raw Scottish vernacular, Skagboys transports us to 1980s Edinburgh, where the Trainspotting crew is just getting started. Mark Renton has it all: the first in his family to attend university, he has a pretty girlfriend and a great social life. But when ecomic uncertainties and family problems intervene, Rent succumbs to the defeatism-t to mention the drug use-that has taken hold in Edinburgh's tougher quarters. His friends are responding according to personality. Laid off, Spud Murphy is paralyzed in the face of long-term unemployment. Sick Boy, supreme manipulator of the opposite sex, is scamming and hustling for money and drugs. And meanwhile, psycho Franco Begbie is scaring the hell out of everyone. Darkly humorous, Skagboys gives a gritty and gripping portrait of a time, t unlike ours, when money was scarce, unemployment was high, and drugs seemed the answer.
- Author BiographyIrvine Welsh is the author of Trainspotting, Ecstacy, Filth (soon to be a major motion picture), Glue, Porno, and Crime, among other works. Welsh is also producing movies and writing screenplays. A native of Edinburgh, he lives in Chicago and Miami.
- Author(s)Irvine Welsh
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication22/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Out-of-print date18/12/2016
- Weight890 g
- Width168 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.