All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited book makes an attempt to cover a wide range of both current basic research and applied clinical topics related to skeletal muscle damage and repair mechanisms and their application. The book is divided into three sections comprising related chapters, each written by an internationally acclaimed researcher or research group who are experts in their field. The first section reviews current research and covers the current understanding of issues related to the mechanisms of muscle damage, physiological responses to damage and subsequent muscle repair mechanisms. The second section examines muscle damage and repair mechanisms and issues in specific populations including older adults and special populations.The final section takes a critical look at various interventions that have been used or advocated for the treatment of muscle damage. It covers current understanding of the potential physiological mechanisms of these interventions and the evidence for their effectiveness.
- Author BiographyPeter M. Tiidus is Professor of exercise physiology and department chair of kinesiology and PE at Wilfrid Laurier University. Tiidus has over 60 publications and over 80 invited lectures and conference presentations to his name primarily dealing with research into the physiological mechanisms of and practical interventions in muscle damage and repair.
- Author(s)Peter M. Tiidus
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2008
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date09/09/2016
- Content Note52 black & white illustrations, 120 black & white halftones
- Weight1202 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.