Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume focuses on the cell biology and physiology of skeletal muscle regeneration. This Book is a collection of classic and cutting edge protocols optimized for mice, but in most cases adaptable to rat or other mammalian models, that will allow an investigator to develop and implement a research study on skeletal muscle regeneration. Chapters address the three major areas of study: provoking regeneration by inducing damage to muscle, analyzing the progenitor cells of skeletal muscle, and quantifying overall muscle function. Subjects discussed include: inducing skeletal muscle injury by eccentric contraction; volumetric muscle loss; single myofiber isolation and culture; satellite cell transplantation; muscle clearing for whole mount immustaining; luciferase tracking of muscle stem cells; mitochondrial and mitophagy flux analysis; in vivo assessment of muscle contractility; force measurements on single isolated myofibers; and analysis of aerobic respiration in intact skeletal muscle tissue by microplate respirometry. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to each respective topic, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Cutting edge and practical, Skeletal Muscle Regeneration in the Mouse: Methods and Protocols is an essential laboratory reference for research in skeletal muscle growth, damage, repair, degeneration, and regenerative therapy in the mouse model system.
- Author BiographyMichael Kyba, Ph.D. Associate Professor and Lillehei Endowed Scholar, Lillehei Heart Institute NHH4.126, University of Minnesota, SE Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/08/2016
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1460
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 87 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight870 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byMichael Kyba
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.