All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses the visual and verbal city sketches which proliferated during the 'journalistic revolution' of the 1830s and 1840s. It shows how sketches transformed models of visual and printed media and of life science into a unique kind of sociology, presenting a self-critique of the middle class on the brink of industrial modernity.
- Author BiographyMARTINA LAUSTER is Professor of German at the University of Exeter, UK. Her research focuses on comparative literature from the Nineteenth century and she has wide-ranging experience in leading collaborative research projects, such as the internet edition of Karl Gutzkow's works.
- Author(s)Martina Lauster
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/05/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight605 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.51
- AU $21.38Trending at AU $22.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.