All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionGiovanni Civardi has built a formidable reputation worldwide for his skills as both an artist and a teacher, and here he provides a unique introduction to the art of sketching the human form. The focus of the book is very much on Giovanni's exquisite drawings of a broad range of subjects of all ages, clothed and unclothed, and in a variety of poses and situations that include figures in both formal poses as well as in 'everyday' situations such as reading, shopping and sleeping. There is also a large section focusing on drawing heads and faces, and the book ends with a section devoted to drawings of statues in the Musee Rodin, Paris - drawing sculptures being an ideal way to learn how to draw the human form. The accompanying text provides concise, clearly written explanations of the subject, including materials, equipment and practical considerations, and the author's in-depth kwledge of the subject is apparent throughout. This is therefore an ideal introduction to sketching figures for the absolute beginner, as well as a source of information and inspiration for artists of all abilities.
- Author BiographyGIOVANNI CIVARDI was born in Milan in 1947. While training to become a sculptor, portrait artist and illustrator at the Free Life-Study School of the Accademia di Brera, he also studied medicine and surgery. For over a decade, he worked as an illustrator, producing commissions for newspapers, magazines and book covers. During frequent trips to France and Denmark, Civardi put on one-man exhibitions of this work and pursued his interest in studying the relationship between medical anatomy and the human form as depicted by the artist. His experience gained from teaching anatomy, life drawing and portraiture in schools and institutions over many years has led to the publication of numerous books in which Civardi's experiences are brought into focus.
- Author(s)Giovanni Civardi
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleThe Art of Drawing
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note200 black & white illustrations
- Weight314 g
- Width210 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine5 mm
Most relevant reviews
- penguin482521 Jan, 2017by
Exactly what I was looking for
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.