All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gathers Eva-Lotta's sketchtes from over 100 talks taken at design events and conferences in 2011. Sketchtes are visual summaries created in real time during a lecture. They invite the viewer to revisit, remember and re-discover the main thoughts and ideas of the speaker after the talk. The book includes sketches from events like d.construct, Future of Web Design, Typo Berlin, Typo London, UXLX, Flash on the Beach, UXcamp Europe, LondonIA, Frontend Oslo, The Story, The Design of Understanding, Creative Mornings, and many more. It features speakers like Aaron Walter (Mailchimp), Aral Balkan, Chip Kidd, Chris Bangle, Christoph Niemann, Dan Rubin, Daniel Kahneman, Don Norman, Elliot Jay Stocks, Ferran Adria, Hillmann Curtis, Jack Schulze (Berg), Jessica Hische, Joshua Davis, Kevin Cheng, Louis Rosenfeld, Michael Bierut, Oliver Reichenstein (Ia), Russell Davies, Sarah Parmenter and Vitaly Friedmann (Smashing Magazine). In addition, Eva-Lotta also invited 10 of her favourite sketchters from all over the world to contribute to the book. They all sketched the same TED talk and created some stunning sketches that show off the wide variety of styles and different ways of summarising content. The guests are: Amanda Wright, Bauke Schildt, Carolyn Sewell, Craighton Berman, Gerren Lamson, Len Kendall, Matthew Magain, Mike Rohde, Paul Soupiset and Timothy J. Reylds.
- Author BiographyEva-Lotta Lamm is a Designer and Illustrator based in London, UK where she currently works as an interaction designer at Google. Besides her daytime mission of making the web a more understandable, usable and delightful place, she regularly takes sketchnotes at all sorts of talks and conferences. Eva-Lotta also teaches sketching workshops and is interested in (something she calls) Visual Improvisation. Exploring the parallels between sketching and improvisation, she experiments with the principles from her theater improvisation practice to inspire visual work.
- Author(s)Eva-Lotta Lamm
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.