All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSkills-based Caring equips carers with the skills and kwledge needed to support those suffering from an eating disorder, and to help them to break free from the traps that prevent recovery. Through a coordinated approach, it offers detailed techniques and strategies, which aim to improve professionals' and carers' ability to build continuity of support for their loved ones. Using evidence-based research and personal experience, the authors advise the reader on a number of difficult areas in caring for someone with an eating disorder. This new and updated edition is essential reading for both professionals and families involved in the care and support of anyone with an eating disorder.
- Author BiographyProfessor Janet Treasure is a leading figure in the field of eating disorders. She is a psychiatrist at Guy's Hospital, King's College London, and has specialised in the treatment of eating disorders for over 25 years. Grainne Smith, author and former teacher, has talked to hundreds of carers, both family and professional, on local and national helplines as well as at meetings and conferences, since her adult daughter - who is now well - was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, binge/purge type. Anna Crane, a General Practitioner, took a year out of her studies to recover from her own eating disorder. Following her return to health, Anna's main interest and determination lie in promoting the early recognition and treatment of eating disorders.
- Author(s)Anna Crane,Grainne Smith,Janet Treasure
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2016
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.