All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDevelop essential counseling communication skills, learn to apply kwledge and skills to the core areas you'll encounter as a helping professional, andexplores the ethical, professional and cross-cultural issues so important to the counseling endeavor with SKILLS AND TOOLS FOR TODAY'S COUNSELORS AND THERAPISTS; FROM NATURAL HEALING TO PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING and its accompany DVD. Role plays and demonstrations of counseling skills and process stages, presented on the accompanying DVD, provide students with the opportunity to see these essential skills in action.
- Author BiographyEdward S. Neukrug is the former Chair of the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling and currently Professor of Counseling and Human Services at Old Dominion University, Dr. Edward S. Neukrug has taught counselor education and human services for over thirty years. In addition, he has worked as a substance abuse counselor, a counselor at a crisis center, an outpatient therapist at a mental health center, an associate school psychologist, a school counselor, and as a private practice psychologist and licensed professional counselor. Dr. Neukrug has written dozens of articles and chapters in books, has authored eight books, and was the editor of THE SAGE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THEORY IN COUNSELING AND PSYCHOTHERAPY. Books he has written include: EXPERIENCING THE WORLD OF THE COUNSELOR: A WORKBOOK FOR COUNSELOR EDUCATORS AND STUDENTS (4th Edition); COUNSELING THEORY AND PRACTICE; SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR HUMAN SERVICE PROFESSIONALS; and ESSENTIALS OF TESTING AND ASSESSMENT FOR COUNSELORS, SOCIAL WORKERS, AND PSYCHOLOGISTS (3rd Edition). He has also developed DVDs that demonstrate counseling skills and techniques, an interactive website where users can meet major theorists of counseling and psychotherapy and learn more about them and their theories (www.odu.edu/~enekrug), and an interactive survey where one can identify his or her view of human nature (http://ww2.odu.edu/~enekrug/therapists/survey.html). Alan M. Schwitzer is an Associate Professor in the Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling at Old Dominion University. He is also a licensed clinical psychologist. Dr. Schwitzer's main interests are in college student adjustment, development, learning, and counseling strategies. He serves on the Editorial Board of the national Journal of College Student Development and the Media Editorial Board of the American College Personnel Association. Dr. Schwitzer has published articles in several national research journals.
- Author(s)Alan M. Schwitzer,Edward S. Neukrug
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2005
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight585 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD video
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.