Skills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder: The New Maudsley Method by Janet Treasure, Grainne Smith, Anna Crane (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.59+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSkills-based Learning for Caring for a Loved One with an Eating Disorder equips carers with the skills and kwledge needed to support and encourage those suffering from an eating disorder, and to help them to break free from the traps that prevent recovery. Through a coordinated approach, this book offers information alongside detailed techniques and strategies, which aim to improve professionals' and home carers' ability to build continuity and consistency of support for their loved ones. The authors use evidence-based research and personal experience, as well as practical support skills, to advise the reader on a number of difficult areas in caring for someone with an eating disorder. These include: * working towards positive change through good communications skills * developing problem solving skills * building resilience * managing difficult behaviour. This book is essential reading for both professionals and families involved in the care and support of anyone with an eating disorder. It will enable the reader to use the skills, information and insight gained to help change eating disorder symptoms.
- Author BiographyProfessor Janet Treasure is a leading figure in the field of eating disorders. She is a psychiatrist at Guy's Hospital, King's College London, and has specialised in the treatment of eating disorders for over 25 years. Grainne Smith, author and former teacher, has talked to hundreds of carers, both family and professional, on local and national helplines as well as at meetings and conferences, since her adult daughter - who is now well - was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, binge/purge type. Anna Crane, a medical student at Guy's, King's and St Thomas', London, took a year out of her studies to recover from her own eating disorder. Following her return to health, Anna's main interest and determination lie in promoting the early recognition and treatment of eating disorders.
- Author(s)Anna Crane,Grainne Smith,Janet Treasure
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2007
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date20/06/2016
- Content Note34 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 34 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.