All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial work skills are essential to good practice and more important than ever following changes to the social work curriculum. Students must be able to demonstrate kwledge of core skills within policy, law as well as demonstrating empathy and good communication. This fully-revised student guide will help to cement these skills and includes chapters on intervention, empowerment and advocacy, skills for collaborative working, self-presentation and much more. The book has been revised to include links to the Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Work.
- Author BiographyAndy Mantell is a Senior Lecturer in Social Work at the University of Chichester. He has worked in a range of social work settings and specialised as a hospital social worker in the field of neuro-disability. During this period he also qualified as an Approved Social Worker and Practice Teacher. He completed his DPhil. in Social Work and Social Policy at Sussex University in 2006. His research interests include Huntington's disease, acquired brain injury, mental health, disability and mental capacity.
- Author(s)Andy Mantell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication03/09/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTransforming Social Work Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Weight499 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.