Skills of Workplace Communication: A Handbook for T and D Specialists and Their Organizations by Richard P. Picardi (Hardback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $163.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $170.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbility and skill are important, but they are t everything. Equally important is how you communicate yourself--your competencies and achievements--to others. Teacher and consultant Richard Picardi takes a long, thoughtful look at the things we all need to understand in order to allow our ideas to be heard and understood in today's isy, hotly competitive organizations. He covers t just the skills of putting your ideas, recommendations, and analyses in writing, but also the other way in which effective communication is accomplished: nverbally. He shows you the internal and external roadblocks to effective communication and how to break through them. In Part I, Picardi analyzes the nature of verbal and nverbal communication. He shows how to recognize and remove internal and external barriers to effective communication and create messages that get the results you want. He then focuses on the specific goals of business communication, showing how the concept of change interacts with all forms of communication--in fact, how change is implicit in them. Picardi lays out the elements of organization that are essential in creating reader-based messages, then explains how to compose the clear, forceful sentences and paragraphs to express them. Later, in Part III, he presents his system of text boxes, showing how to write typical business memos and letters, using direct and indirect patterns of writing to demonstrate different types of messages you want to communicate, and ends with a systematic method to revise and improve upon first drafts. He goes on to apply the principles of reader-based communication, effective organization, and clear expression to proposal and report writing. He shows how proposals differ from reports and how to write both effectively. For training and development specialists, the book provides the material you need to teach these skills to others.
- Author BiographyRICHARD P. PICARDI is a communications consultant and Adjunct Associate Professor of English and Speech at St. John's University, New York./e Throughout a career of more than 30 years he has served as a department chairperson and assistant principal, and has owned his own business. Currently, in addition to his position at St. John's, he also teaches writing in the City University of New York system. He is the recipient of the 2001 Teaching Excellence Award at St. John's University.
- Author(s)Richard P. Picardi
- Date of Publication30/09/2001
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuorum Books,U.S.
- Content Noteindex
- Weight685 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.