All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMilady's Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary, 4th Edition is more than just a dictionary of cosmetic ingredients; it is a guide to understanding skin types and skin physiology, product formulation and how cosmetic products interact with the skin. For ease of use, this book is split into three parts. Part 1 includes a basic explanation of skin anatomy and physiology, including skin types, conditions and problems. This kwledge is critical for understanding product performance. Definitions of common terms used in skin care formulation are also provided. Part 2 contains an alphabetical listing of more than 2,300 cosmetic ingredients with accompanying definitions that help identify the function and purpose of each ingredient with Part 3 offering a reference of Botanical Latin names for commonly used ingredients. This is an invaluable resource that will assist in making well-informed decisions regarding skin care ingredients and cosmetic products.
- Author BiographyMr. DiNardo has 37 years of experience in the skin care field. He is a highly respected product formulator, well-versed in all aspects of regulatory and safety affairs, clinical research and international product registration. Chief Scientific Officer-Emeritus for Pharma Cosmetix Research and a former Vice President of Research & Development for Revlon-Almay Inc., Mr. DiNardo was the VP of R&D for Almay Hypoallergenic Cosmetics and spent many years leading research for the development of products dedicated to atopic dermatitis. His professional affiliations include the Personal Care Products Council (formerly know as the Cosmetic, Toiletry & Fragrance Association), the Society of Toxicology, and he is a former Chairman of the Carolina Chapter of the Society of Cosmetic Chemists. Mr. DiNardo has published several articles and abstracts in the areas of Photobiology, Reproductive Toxicology, General Toxicology, Contact Dermatitis, Regulatory Affairs, Comedogenicity, Alpha Hydroxy Acid Safety & Efficacy, and General Anti-oxidant Research. He possesses a Master of Science degree in Toxicology from St. John's University with his undergraduate degree in Biology from Mercy College in New York. M. Varinia Michalun has specialized in international cosmetics marketing and new product development and has lectured on cosmetic ingredients and product use to professionals in the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Asia. Her experience also includes skin care salon management and esthetics education. She has authored articles for industry magazines, provides expertise to beauty journalists, and is a contributor to Milady's Standard Advanced Esthetics text as well as co-author of The Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary from Milady.
- Author(s)Joseph DiNardo,M. Varinia Michalun
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication24/01/2014
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Notefigures
- Weight360 g
- Width140 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.