All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaven t we all been told how beauty is thin as truth? And don t we believe and disbelieve this lie we d carve and starve for. / We d suck it till the juice ran down our arms ? Skin compels us, repels us. Beauty may be only skin deep, a fine covering sensuous, at times Translatorlucent, almost Translatorparent, and yet so obdurate. Skin insulates, guarding its vital organs just beneath this surface that teases us to peek, to try to penetrate. We call this desire by many names, the best of which is love. April Lindner s sensuously orchestrated collection of poems conveys the beauty and truth of love, how we kw it to be paradoxical, obsessive, fearful, rapacious, holy. Robert Fink, from the Introduction byduction
- Author BiographyApril Lindner is also the author of the poetry collection This Bed Our Bodies Shaped and two novels, Jane, a modernization of Jane Eyre, and Catherine, a modernization of Wuthering Heights (forthcoming in 2013). A professor of English at Saint Joseph s University, Lindner lives in Havertown, Pennsylvania, with her husband and sons.
- Author(s)April Lindner
- PublisherTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Tech Press,U.S.
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.56Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.