All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- Description'Skin is a beautiful and brilliant book, a masterpiece.' John Marsden Southwest Britain, AD 43. FOR the people of Caer Cad, 'skin' is their totem, their greeting, their ancestors, their land. Ailia does t have skin. Abandoned at birth, she serves the Tribequeen of her township. Ailia is t permitted to marry, excluded from tribal ceremonies and, most devastatingly, forbidden to learn. But the Mothers, the tribal ancestors, have chosen her for ather path. Lured by the beautiful and enigmatic Taliesin, Ailia embarks on an unsanctioned journey to attain the kwledge that will protect her people from the most terrifying invaders they have ever faced. Set in Iron-Age Britain on the cusp of Roman invasion, Skin is a thrilling, full-blooded, mesmerising vel about the collision of two worlds, and a young woman torn between two men.
- Author BiographyIlka Tampke was awarded a Glenfern Fellowship in 2012. Her short stories and articles have been published in several anthologies. She lives in Woodend, Australia. Skin is her first novel. International rights to Skin have been sold to publishers in Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, the US, the UK and Vietnam.
- PrizesShortlisted for Aurealis Award for Excellence in Fiction: Best Fantasy Novel 2015.
- Author(s)Ilka Tampke
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication25/02/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight492 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.