All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's an age-old axiom: if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops. And Peggy Logue couldn't disagree more. When Peggy's nineteen-year-old son, U.S. Marine Michael Logue, is deployed to a volatile area of Iraq, Peggy suddenly faces an alarming challenge to her anti-war sensibilities. Should she remain silent or give voice to her feelings? Despite being called a coward by other members of the Marine Family Residence group, Peggy takes to the streets for her anti-war protests in a determined attempt to understand the reasons for her son's duty to his country and the politics of war. Peggy's protests, her stress over Mike's deployment, and her fierce pride in her son hurtle her along an emotional roller coaster for the entire year of Mike's tour. Yet t once does she compromise her beliefs, but instead asks the tough questions and demands answers. What she discovers, however, is human nature's predilection for violence. Only by becoming warriors for peace will war cease to exist. Intense, raw, and profoundly honest, Skin in the Game illustrates the human side of war and the daily struggle for peace. But even more, it is the story of the struggle of an anti-war mama bear and her son in combat listening, respecting, and always loving each other.
- Author BiographyPeggy Logue is the mother of three children. Her youngest became a U.S. Marine and at the age of 19, was in some of the fiercest combat in Iraq with Lima Company 3/25th. She holds a master's degree in education and has had several articles published in books and journals. Logue lives in Lebanon, Ohio, with her husband, Jerry.
- Author(s)Peggy Logue
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.