All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA graphic vel from the author of the beloved children's classic Corduroy Published in the centennial year of Don Freeman's birth, Skitzy follows a day in the life of a man literally divided between life as an office worker and life as an artist. Without the use of dialogue, his fluid and ecomical illustrations create an engrossing and fully believable environment, seducing the reader into a familiar world where expressive, gestural drawings explore the possibility of striking a perfect balance between work and play. Floyd W. Skitzafroid's wife worries that he is culture-starved and overworked, but she is only half right. Shortly after he leaves the house, Floyd splits into two: one a carefree artist, the other a grumpy worker with time to spare. The contented Floyd quickly evades his morose counterpart in favor of a trip to his studio, sporting a broad grin throughout the day. But while this half paints and walks around pleasantly greeting those he meets, the other Floyd is confined to a desk, interacting only with paperwork, a looming boss, and his own disrupting thoughts. When the two halves of Skitzafroid are reunited after the workday, an unexpected eye-opener gives Floyd the push he needs to find a solution that will allow him to enjoy his passions without compromising his financial freedom.
- Author BiographyDon Freeman (1908 78) was born in San Diego and is known to many people as the author of Corduroy and other children's books. He was also a graphic artist who vividly portrayed the street life and theater world of New York City in the 1930s and '40s in the drama sections of The Herald Tribune, The New York Times, The Christian Science Monitor, Theater Magazine, and other magazines and newspapers. Loyal collectors around the world treasure his limited-edition lithographs and etchings, as well as offset prints for his own publication, Newsstand.
- Author(s)Don Freeman
- PublisherDrawn and Quarterly
- Date of Publication28/01/2009
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDrawn and Quarterly
- Content Noteblack and white illustrations throughout
- Weight358 g
- Width178 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.68
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.83
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.