All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating Step 3 History Reader describes the invention of the first Ferris wheel an engineering marvel. The 1893 World s Fair organizers wanted something big to draw people to Chicago . . . something that would rival the Eiffel Tower. George Ferris, an American engineer, had the idea for an observation wheel that passengers could ride on. People laughed at his idea. They said it would never work. But it was a huge success, with thirty-six cars that could hold over 2,100 riders! That s some big wheel! Ferris wheel lovers can thank George Ferris for never giving up his dream. Step 3 Readers feature engaging characters in easy-to-follow plots about popular topics for children who are ready to read on their own.
- Author BiographyMONICA KULLING is the author of over fifty books for children, including many Step into Reading Books and the popular Great Idea series, stories of inventors. The third book in the series, In the Bag! Margaret Knight Wraps It Up, was chosen as a Once Upon a World Children's Book Award Honor Book by the Simon Wiesenthal Center. The sixth book in the series, Spic-and-Span! Lillian Gilbreth's Wonder Kitchenwon theNorth Dakota Library Association 2016 Flicker Tale Children s Book Award in the non-fiction category. Monica Kulling lives in Toronto, Canada. GENE BARRETTA has written and illustrated many books for children, including the nonfiction picture books Timeless Thomas and Now & Ben. Prior to his work on children s books, Gene s animations could be seen on Sesame Street. Visit him online at genebarretta.com.
- Author(s)Gene Barretta,Monica Kulling
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStep into Reading
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content NoteFull colour
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.