All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHidden aboard Flight 42 are terrorists who will force the aircraft to land in Communist China where a top-secret computer program will fall into Chinese hands. But the hijacking attempt is bungled and, with scores of passengers dead or wounded, the airliner's survivors desperately attempt to keep the airliner aloft. Meanwhile, a macabre deal is struck between the Chinese Ambassador and the US State Department to cover up all the mutually damaging evidence.... Media Reviewers have said: A nail-biting thriller of an aircraft hijack that goes wrong. Authoritative...engrossing. The conscientious attention to detail blends supremely with imagination. A master of high-flying suspense! The flying stuff is spot-on, hair-raising and compelling! Media Reviewers in the United States have said: Cleverness...violence...realistic relationships and realistic dialogue...I was impressed. A first-rate thriller that entertains throughout, with a poignant conclusion. An exciting vel...suspense to the end!
- Author BiographyThomas Block has written a number of aviation-oriented novels, many which have gone on to acquire best-seller status in numerous countries. His novel writing began with the publication of Mayday in 1979. That novel was rewritten with his boyhood friend, novelist Nelson DeMille in 1998 and remains on DeMille's extensive backlist. Mayday became a CBS Movie of the Week in October, 2005. Other novels by Block include Orbit (a top bestseller in Germany, among other nations), Airship Nine, Forced Landing (also done as a radio serializatoin drama in Japan), Skyfall, Open Skies and Captain. Thomas Block is still writing both fiction and non-fiction, and has edited and updated his earlier novels into ebooks of all the major formats and also into new full-sized (trade soft cover) printed versions. Block's magazine writing began in 1968 and over the next five decades his work has appeared in numerous publications. He worked 20 years at FLYING Magazine as Contributing Editor, and as Contributing Editor to Plane & Pilot Magazine for 11 years. Block became Editor-at-Large for Piper Flyer Magazine and Cessna Flyer Magazine in 2001. During his long career as an aviation writer he has written on a wide array of subjects that range from involvement with government officials to evaluation reports on most everything that flies. Block has piloted gliders, seaplanes, the Goodyear Blimp, warplanes and many large transport jets. He has owned more than a dozen light airplanes. An airline pilot for US Airways for over 36 years before his retirement in April, 2000, Captain Thomas Block has been a pilot since 1959 and accumulated 30,000+ hours of flight time since his first solo on his sixteenth birthday. He holds an Air Transport Pilot rating in numerous large aircraft. Block flew the Trans-Oceanic routes for US Airways in the Boeing 767 to a cross-section of European cities for the last decade of his airline career. Since 2002, he has lived on a ranch in Florida with his wife Sharon where they board, compete and train horses. Complete information (including direct links to booksellers) is available at http: //www.ThomasBlockNovels.com or through the author's additional website at http: //www.FlyingB-Ranch.com. For Facebook users, complete information about Thomas Block Novels can also be found at two interlinked Facebook sites: http: //www.Facebook.com/Captain.by.Thomas.Block http: //www.Facebook.com/ThomasBlockNovels.
- Author(s)Thomas Block
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.46
- AU $72.93Trending at AU $75.10
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.