All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionLynn is an ambitious young woman who loves her job in the gleaming new Manhattan skyscraper. Soon, Lynn also loves Tom, the young clerk down the hall. They are so in love that if they don't get married, something improper is bound to happen. But her company has a strict new policy: Any woman who marries will be immediately fired. First published in 1931 -- the same year the Empire State Building opened its doors. This book marks the advent of a new kind of romance plot, and Lynn a new kind of heroine. Lynn is facing choices that will determine the course of the rest of her life, but rather than just choose between suitors, Lynn and other working girls like her must decide whether to abandon their careers -- or abandon their men. They can't have both -- or can they?
- Author BiographyFaith Baldwin (1893-1978) was one of the most prolific mid-twentieth century authors of popular fiction. She published eighty-five books between 1921 and 1977, many of them focused on women juggling family and career, including White Collar Girl, Men Are Such Fools!, and An Apartment for Peggy, which was made into a Hollywood film in 1948.
- Author(s)Faith Baldwin
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication01/11/2003
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Weight339 g
- Width129 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.