Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.04
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe long, hot summer of 1976 and American student Alice Bourne is heading for the south Devon coast to research an event that took place 32 years earlier: a catastrophe which claimed the lives of 1,500 American marines. No one seems to kw exactly what happened that fateful day in April, 1944. But as Alice learns more about the farm boys from Iowa and Nebraska who came to an alien land prepared to battle against Nazism, she determines that the true story of their sacrifice should finally be told. Herself a stranger in a strange land, Alice is only just becoming used to the English and their peculiar ways. But someone is making her increasingly unwelcome. Mir disturbing incidents escalate until Alice believes she's being haunted; targeted by a malevolent individual with his own dark reasons for preventing her from finding out what really happened at Slapton Sands. A poignant love story and a chilling tale of suspense, this beautifully-crafted vel gradually peels back the layers of past and present to reveal the harrowing truth about a tragic wartime event and its devastating repercussions.
- Author BiographyFrancis Cottam was born in Southport, Merseyside, in 1957. A full-time journalist, he has lived and worked in London for the past twenty years. His first novel, THE FIRE FIGHTER, was published in 2001.
- Author(s)Francis Cottam
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication03/01/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPocket Books
- Weight229 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.