All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Sleepwalking' is a remarkable collection from a writer of sustained poetic intelligence who has the scholarly kwledge to place her work in its literary and historical context. 'Faith and Art in the Age of the Image' is an analysis of a crisis in our epoch. It challenges the popular science of Richard Dawkins, questioning its deceptive intellectual assumptions about faith and culture. As a Christian she examines the very concept of progress, describing consumer capitalism as a dream-filled sleep endangering the survival of specifically human values.
- Author BiographyCelia de Piro was born and educated in Yorkshire. Her 40-year career in academia and education has involved teaching English and the Arts on almost every level. As a Research Fellow at St. Hugh's College she tutored undergraduates for a number of Oxford colleges. She held a Senior Lectureship at a college of education and taught Foundation Studies for the Open University. As well as teaching English at Cheltenham Ladies' College, Celia has also lectured on Women's Studies and the Romantics at the Cheltenham Literature Festival.
- Author(s)Celia De Piro
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.