Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $36.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is the spring of 1997. At age 67, Harry King has practiced medicine in Middletown, Georgia, for thirty-five years, the last twelve as medical director for Hamilton Memorial Hospital. In that time, he has seen marvelous advances in medical technique and disappointing developments in the way the health care system is operated -- t always for the benefit of the patient. This year, the beauty of springtime in the small southern town is marred for Harry by a series of problems at the hospital. One after the other, three of the members of his medical staff behave in a manner most undoctorly, each causing incidents that must be brought to the executive committee for action. And the constant challenge of dealing with the deluge of government controls and battles against health maintenance organizations to protect the health of patients has worn Harry down. Though he receives strong support from Ray Elliott, the competent hospital CEO, and Sarah Miller, the exceptional director of nursing, Harry decides it is time for him to retire. But medicine is t quite done with Harry yet, and events propel him into a public forum where he will be able to celebrate the advances he has seen during his career in medicine and raise alarms about the path down which it travels today. The reader joins Harry in the last eight weeks of his career, feeling the frustration, the anger, and ultimately the reward that comes from remaining a true son of Hippocrates. Harry King, MD, ends his career as he began it: trying to make a difference.
- Author BiographyMims Mobley, MD, practices Internal Medicine in South Carolina. With a medical career spanning half a century, he skillfully creates in this, his first novel, a vivid picture of the everyday life of the healer in this century. His keen powers of observation and reflection illuminate the tale with the beauty of the southern lifestyle and the impact of medical technology's changes in our daily lives. His experiences raise a caution for the future that cannot be ignored.
- Author(s)Mims Mobley
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication20/11/2000
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $72.37Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $74.63Trending at AU $83.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.