All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAre you obsessed about your baby's sleep? Do you feel 'weak' because you can't leave him to cry himself to sleep? Do you need to relax more and enjoy being a parent? Parenting expert Pinky McKay offers a natural, intuitive approach to solving your little ones' sleep problems and gives practical tips on how to: understand your baby's tired cues create a safe sleeping environment gently settle babies and toddlers feed infants to encourage sleep Sleeping Like A Baby is a must read for stress-free, guilt-free parenting and offers down-to-earth and heartening advice on helping babies (and their parents!) to sleep better.
- Author BiographyAn International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), certified infant massage instructor and sought-after keynote speaker at conferences for parents and health professionals internationally, Pinky McKay is the author of Toddler Tactics, Sleeping Like a Baby and 100 Ways to Calm the Crying. Her books are approved and recommended by respected bodies such as the Australian Breastfeeding Association, the Australian Association of Infant Mental Health, La Leche League International and the Centre for Attachment (NZ). Pinky writes and blogs for Practical Parenting magazine (Australia) and contributes to various national and international publications and websites including Littlies magazine (New Zealand), Attachment Parenting International (US), Pathways to Family Wellness (US) and Opposing Views (US). She runs a busy private practice in Melbourne and, thanks to modern technology, also supports clients around the world with gentle baby care, breastfeeding, settling and sleep solutions through her e-newsletter, website, blog, teleseminars, workshops and private consultations. The mother of four adult 'children' and a now-teenage 'bonus baby' (the baby you have when your other kids can run their own baths, tie their own shoelaces and even drive their own cars!), Pinky's greatest pleasure is enjoying the precious giggles and cud
- Author(s)Pinky McKay
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication10/06/2006
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight288 g
- Width131 mm
- Height181 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- bstang14_0903 May, 2012by
Reassuring and gentle advice, worth the read
Easy to read. Sort of like having a kind mother/aunt in the room with you reassuring you that all is well or that moments will pass. If you are getting obsessive about your little one's sleeping the well intentioned advice from the author should help put your mind at rest and help you to concentrate on enjoying your baby rather than stressing out about sleep. Some of the content does double up in another of Pinky's books - parenting by heart, but there is enough extra info to make it a worthwhile addition to your collection.
- jadeankh02 Nov, 2011by
This book was really NOT for me!
I bought this book because I was looking for a more natural way of parenting. While there are some great tips this book goes against SIDS safe sleeping guidelines and I found the language use is very critical of parents that are using alternate methods which do work. I found other baby sleeping books to be much less judgmental and unbiased.