All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.71
- AU $34.49Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.12
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.14
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.95
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.37
About this product
- DescriptionA train stops at a railway station. A young woman jumps off. She has wild hair, sloppy clothes, and a distracted air. She looks Indian, yet she is somehow t. The sudden violence of what happens next leaves the other passengers gasping. The train terminates at Jarmuli, a temple town by the sea. Here, among pilgrims, priests, and ashrams, three old women disembark only to encounter the girl once again. What is someone like her doing in this remote corner, which attracts only worshippers? Over the next five days, the old women live out their long planned dream of a holiday together; their temple guide finds ecstasy in forbidden love; and the girl is joined by a photographer battling his own demons. The full force of the evil and violence beneath the serene surface of the town becomes evident when their lives overlap and collide. Unexpected connections are revealed between devotion and violence, friendship and fear as Jarmuli is revealed as a place with a long, dark past that transforms all who encounter it.
- Author BiographyAnuradha Roy won the Economist Crossword Prize, India's premier award for fiction, for her novel The Folded Earth. Her first novel, An Atlas of Impossible Longing, has been widely translated and was named one of the best books of the year by the Washington Post and the Seattle Times.
- Author(s)Anuradha Roy
- PublisherHighBridge Audio
- Date of Publication16/09/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHighBridge Audio
- Weight181 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Narrator(s)Deepti Gupta-Pontius
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time480
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.