Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionYou don't need to flirt with the waitress because she is the actress you slept with two years ago... In a town made up of transplants and implants, where devils never sleep and a drug score is like a trip to the ATM, one would assume that everyone has as story to tell. Well, within that thick layer of guilt that LA holds above her - call it smog, call it sin - something ain't right and good or bad, real or fad, you'll read about the rotting souls that live among the streets that are paved with gold. Truth and fiction become a blur in this collection of 32 Los Angeles based authors - including an early 80s commentary by the late Charles Bukowski. All of these authors have placed their own spin onto the culture that is so uniquely LA. From sinfully delicious tales of murder to porn and drugs to love, you'll read everything you ever thought you never wanted to kw about this town. Put your plastic surgeon on hold, fire up the Range Rover and become a part of this capitalist, commercial, celebrity obsessed, self-indulgent community that we all call home. Authors in this collection include: Brandon Christopher, Marc Shapiro, Gordon Basichis, Michael DiGregorio, Sari Domash, Brian C. Weed, Melissa Rosen, Darin Bennett, Matt Dukes Jordan, Andrew Charles Bloy, Josh Gloer, John Dooley, Kathleen Maraschi, Dan Fante, Chris Iovenko, Marna Bunger, Trevor Nathaniel Rager, David Villanueva, Todd Eliassen, GN Harris, Alexis Lockman, Mark Webster, Ray Sikorski, Gavin Hignight, Carla Garcia, Mike Golden, Thomas Fuchs, Coury Turczyn, Rob Neighbors, Deidre Woollard and Kevin Rogers.
- Author BiographyRonald H. Sievers (the anthologist) is from Chicago, IL. and now resides in Seattle, WA. His love of literature, music and all things left-of-center led him to conceive and develop the series, Sleeping with Snakes: Notes from the Underbelly. He compiled Vol. 1 while living in Los Angeles between 2001 and 2004. Ron is currently working on Sleeping with Snakes [Vol. 2], which will be set in Seattle and should be out in 2010. In his spare time, Ron Sievers also runs Orange Recordings [ a record label: www.orangerecordings.com ].
- Author(s)Ron Sievers
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.