All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionHere is a first hand account of a boy trying to become a man during a time of change as dramatic as any time in history. His quest to discover the purpose in his life, as an artist, cowboy veterinarian, college professor, publisher and writer, leads him through many misfortunes as well as satisfying experiences on his way to discover that life is what you make of it. Born in the depression, he grew up in the fabulous fifties soaking in the culture of the western United States. His genetics and cultural background provided him with his individuality and long life. His many talents made it difficult to focus on a single professional path, but he learns how to carve out a unique career as a veterinarian. His struggle with the religion he inherited is intensified as he becomes educated. It takes many years for him to learn that veterinary practice is t eugh of a challenge, and he takes the role of educator as a lifetime goal. That starts with college teaching and advanced academic education, then continues with intense worldly education during dramatic changing times. He focuses on teaching young college students, then becomes a writer and publisher of educational material for horse owners. Eventually he answers the challenge of educating other veterinarians as medical kwledge becomes exponential. Along the way, he decides a professional career is t eugh to make his life worthwhile. He finally learns that life becomes important to him when he involves himself in the lives of others, most importantly, his family and close friends. And so, this book is also about his family, friends and mentors, bringing to the reader a picture of a person seeking his way through one of the most interesting 79 year period of human history.
- Author BiographyWilliam E Jones is an artist, writer and veterinarian. After graduating from veterinary college at Colorado State University, he conducted a solo veterinary practice in Wyoming ranch country for six years. He returned to college for advanced degrees and then taught college for seven years. Dissatisfied with the academic world he went into publishing, writing books and magazine about horses and veterinary care. His major academic publishing endeavors were the books Genetics and Horse Breeding and Equine Sports Medicine. He wrote free-lance articles on equine veterinary matters for 40 years, wrote and published veterinary newsletters and established The Journal of Equine Veterinary Science of which he was publisher and editor for 25 years. He embraced the computer age early on in his career and became an early pioneer in desktop publishing.
- Author(s)Dr William E Jones,William E Jones
- Date of Publication09/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1184 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.