All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAt the end of the first decade of the current century, most Americans were filled with questions about Barack Obama's fledgling administration, the ecomy, and foreign policy. At the Slice of Heaven 24-Hour Pie Shop and Driving Range, somewhere on the edge of the Everglades, though, we tended to set those concerns aside lest they interfere with our search for the ultimate slice of Key lime pie, our hopes that the ringing pay phone would be a call from you, and the fantasy that our missing luggage would finally return from Havana. And, of course, we never stopped believing that some day every single one of us would experience true perfection in the form of an absolutely authentic golf swing. When the going gets tough, the tough get going right to the Slice of Heaven, and you are always welcome to join us. We try to make sure that The Slice of Heaven 24-Hour Pie Shop and Driving Range is a place where all-you-all can leave your troubles behind. But let me make it clear, speaking for the staff and the regulars as well as myself. We are t saying you should leave your troubles here. I for one can't use them. I have eugh of my own. And I am t saying pack up your sorrows and give them all to me because that's just plain crazy. I am merely suggesting that this is a place where you should be able to walk in the door and instantly forget all about last night's horrible dream that erupted into a full-body spasm. We are t always successful at creating that level of therapeutic ambiance, but that's our goal. There's always plenty of pie and conversation-and all the golf balls you can hit for ten bucks. The pay phone works, the karaoke machine is warmed up at the Swing Barn next door, and we are all willing and ready to listen to your latest poem, try out your best pie recipe, or applaud your swing. Note: The material included in this book has been excerpted from the Slice of Heaven blog written by Barbara Jean Walsh. You may visit it online at slicingheaven.com/original. This book is also available in Kindle format through Amazon.com.
- Author BiographyBarbara Jean Walsh is a freelance writer and editor living in Springfield, Massachusetts. Currently a freelance writer and editor, she has also been the co-host of It's My Boat Radio, and had a long career in the marine industry. Prior to that, she was a library director, English instructor, and newspaper reporter. She has a B.A. from the University of Maine and an M.A. from the University of Denver.
- Author(s)Barbara Jean Walsh
- PublisherSunshine Arts & Letters
- Date of Publication06/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunshine Arts & Letters
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Barbara Jean Walsh
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.