All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSLIMED! An Oral History of Nickelodeon's Golden Age tells the surprisingly complex, wonderfully stalgic, and impressively compelling story of how Nickelodeon -- the First Kids' Network -- began as a DIY startup in the late 70s, and forged ahead through the early eighties with a tiny band of young artists and filmmakers who would go on to change everything about cable television, television in general, animation, and children's entertainment, proving just what can be done if the indie spirit is kept alive in the corporate world. Get the real back story about all of your favorite Golden Age Nick shows: Everything from such classics as You Can't Do That On Television, Out of Control and Double Dare to early 90s faves like The Adventures of Pete & Pete, the original three Nicktoons, Clarissa Explains It All and more ... All from those who made it happen!
- Author BiographyMathew Klickstein has written for numerous online and print publications and is the author of four other books. He also wrote Sony Pictures' Against the Dark for Steven Seagal, co-created National Lampoon's Collegetown USA, and directed feature rockumentary Act Your Age: The Kids of Widney High Story. He now lives and writes in New York City.
- Author(s)Mathew Klickstein
- PublisherPlume Books
- Date of Publication24/09/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPlume Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width150 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.