All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionYippee-ki-yay! Saddle up and hit the dusty trail with the wildest bike-ridin kid cowboys west of the Mississippi! Slingshot and Burp two pea-shootin, slingshot-totin cowhands on two wheels are on the lookout for action. Bleached bones? Bring em on! Lost outlaws? Let s go! Hidden loot? Yee haw! Rattlesnakes! Scorpions! Ghost cats!Wait, what . . . ? Whoa! Saddled up to battle the boredom of summer, these two double cousins, best friends, and next-door neighbors have fitted themselves out like Old West cowboys to charge boldly (and sometimes bravely) into the southwestern desert that is their backyard. And sure eugh, in two rattles of a snake s tail, the boys find themselves boots-deep in adventure, dodging sisters, jail time, coyotes, and squirting skulls! Boll weevil!
- Author BiographyRichard Haynes grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania, one of nine children. Every day of his boyhood was filled with adventure and not a few battles with sisters and brothers over territory. Slingshot and Burp is his first book for children. He lives in northern California with his wife, writer Megan McDonald. Stephen Gilpin has illustrated more than thirty books for children, including the Who Shrunk Daniel Funk? books by Lin Oliver. Stephen Gilpin lives in Kansas.
- Author(s)Richard Haynes
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width142 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stephen Gilpin
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $234.90Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.40
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $36.47Trending at AU $44.54
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $19.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.