All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBest kwn as one of the most widely used industrial ceramic techniques, slipcasting has become increasingly attractive to individual artists and craftspersons. Slip, a water and clay solution, is poured into porous molds. As the mold absorbs water from the slip, a layer of clay forms a cast. The excess slip is removed from the mold and the cast is stiffened, removed, dried, and fired in a kiln. Since the molds can be based on anything from delicate sculpture to found objects, slipcasting frees artists from the constraints of other ceramic techniques while allowing them to create multiples of their works. Sasha Wardell's Slipcasting is a straightforward, practical guide for those interested in the boundless possibilities of the technique. The book contains more than one hundred color illustrations, diagrams, and slip formulas. An inspiring Individual Approaches chapter discusses the slipcast work of a variety of contemporary ceramicists from around the world.
- Author BiographyAward-winning ceramicist Sasha Wardell is a fellow of the Craft Potters Association and the author of Porcelain and Bone China.
- Author(s)Sasha Wardell
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication05/07/2007
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleCeramics Handbooks
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Content Note100 color illus.
- Weight358 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.