Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $31.62
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $37.81
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $38.98
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.32
- AU $37.70Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $36.28Trending at AU $37.83
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $33.10
About this product
- DescriptionFrom European favourites such as Mastichato Chios, which saved 2,000 Greeks from a bloody massacre at the hands of vengeful Turks, to legendary drinks such as Amarula, invented by African elephants; from classic cocktail ingredients like Midori, the bright green Japanese melon drink launched at the wrap party for Saturday Night Fever at Studio 54, to student stalwart Jagermeister, dreamt up by a confidant of Herman Goring and hugely popular among senior Nazis, Sippery Tipples tells the stories behind the word's most extraordinary drinks. Alongside a country-by-country guide to murky and mysterious booze and dozens of cocktail recipes is a series of easy to follow recipes for making your own liqueurs and spirits. If you would like to concoct your own fruit brandies or make a drop of traditional full-strength Pimms then this is the book for you.
- Author BiographyJoseph Piercy was born in Brighton. After spending far too long at university studying Russian Literature and Creative Writing, Joseph embarked upon a journey which took him to various parts of the world in an honest attempt to avoid anything faintly resembling a proper job. He has enjoyed an occasional drink or two along the road.
- Author(s)Joseph Piercy
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.