Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents sloshing with marine and land-based applications, with a focus on ship tanks. It also includes the nlinear multimodal method developed by the authors and an introduction to computational fluid dynamics. Emphasis is also placed on rational and simplified methods, including several experimental results. Topics of special interest include antirolling tanks, linear sloshing, viscous wave loads, damping, and slamming. The book contains numerous illustrations, examples and exercises.
- Author BiographyOdd M. Faltinsen received his Ph.D. in naval architecture and marine engineering from the University of Michigan in 1971 and has been a professor of marine hydrodynamics at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology since 1974. Dr Faltinsen has experience with a broad spectrum of hydrodynamically related problems for ships and sea structures, including hydroelastic problems. He has published about 300 scientific publications and is the author of the textbooks Sea Loads on Ships and Offshore Structures and Hydrodynamics of High-Speed Marine Vehicles, published by Cambridge University Press in 1990 and 2005, respectively. Faltinsen is a Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Engineering, USA and a Foreign Member of the Chinese Academy of Engineering. Alexander Timokha obtained his Ph.D. in fluid dynamics from Kiev University in 1988 and, later on, a full doctor of physics and mathematics degree (habilitation) in 1993 at the Institute of Mathematics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. He is now Leading Researcher and Professor of Applied Mathematics at the Institute of Mathematics. Since 2004, he has been a Visiting Professor at CeSOS, Trondheim, Norway. In the 1980s, he was involved as a consultant of hydrodynamic aspects of spacecraft applications for the famous design offices Yuzhnoye and Salut. Dr Timokha's current research interests lie in mathematical aspects of hydromechanics with emphasis on free-surface problems, in general, and on sloshing, in particular. He has authored more than 120 publications and 2 books.
- Author(s)Alexander N. Timokha,Odd M. Faltinsen
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note227 b/w illus. 14 tables
- Weight1040 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.