Slow Down and Lighten Up: Letting Go of Stress and Tension by Bob Van Oosterhout (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat if you could see stress coming and knew how to stop it from interfering with your work, rest, and relationships? What if you could effectively respond rather than impulsively react to pressure and loss? What if you could see where your thoughts are leading you and redirect them to where you really want to go? These are t distant fantasies but practical things you can accomplish by reading Slow Down and Lighten Up. You will gain a clear understanding of how body, mind, emotion interact, what goes wrong, and what you can do about it. You will learn how to restore and maintain physical, mental, and emotional balance and how to apply three simple principles that prevent stress and solve problems. Slow Down and Lighten Up explains how all this works in clear, simple terms using stories and metaphors based on the experience of the author and thousands of students, workshop participants, clients, and patients who made significant improvements in their lives by applying what is described in this text.
- Author BiographyBob Van Oosterhout is a Masters level Psychologist, Social Worker and college professor who began teaching and counseling in the early 1970's. He developed a habit of seeking regular feedback and reflecting on what worked while searching for underlying principles and strategies that were consistently helpful to the thousands of students, workshop participants, clients, and patients who made significant improvements in their lives by learning how to restore and maintain physical, mental, and emotional balance. Bob has a Masters Degree from Michigan State University, completed four years of postgraduate clinical training through the Michigan Society for Bioenergetic Analysis and is a Limited Licensed Psychologist (LLP) and Licensed Masters Social Worker (LMSW) through the State of Michigan. He has provided training for schools, corporations, small businesses, hospitals, health care clinics, professional organizations, as well as government and non-profit agencies. Bob recently retired from counseling at a Federally Qualified Health Center in rural northern Michigan. He has had a daily meditation practice since 1972. Bob was asked to develop a course in Stress Management for the Health Careers Department at Lansing Community College in 1981 and has been teaching it since that time. He has taught online since 2001.
- Author(s)Bob Van Oosterhout
- PublisherGood Enough Publishing
- Date of Publication28/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGood Enough Publishing
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.