All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.36
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.58
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.27
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.61
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe antithesis of trendy, Slow LONDON celebrates all that's local, natural, traditional, sensory and most of all gratifying about life in London. It's an inspirational lifestyle guide for locals and regular visitors who want to live more and fret less. Readers are invited to rise up - in their own sweet time, of course - against the culture of speed, fad and uniformity. And instead revel in the things that make this corner of the world unique. Explore the natural features that shape and define London, clip the wings of time, shop with soul, tune into your senses and savour life without spending. See, smell, hear, taste and even touch the city anew and bond with your community and surrounds. There's even a slow guide for fast kids, and lots of inspirational tips, activities and affirmations that will help you get more out of life's simple pleasures. Expressive black-and-white photography by Mark Chilvers conveys the soul of the capital and evokes a sense that everything old is new again.
- Author BiographyRobin Barton is the author of 101 Weekends in Europe, AA Leisures Guides London, and AAA Mexico. Hayley Cull contributed to The Slow Guide to Melbourne.
- Author(s)Hayley Cull,Robin Barton
- PublisherAffirm Press
- Date of Publication02/03/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleSlow Guides
- Place of PublicationMulgrave
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintAffirm Press
- Content Noteb/w photos; illustrations
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Photographer(s)Mark Chilvers
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.