All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $35.83Free postage
- AU $39.03Free postage
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe pleasures to be had from slowing down can be many, with connections to sustainability, simplicity, reflection, and tuning into traditional and other multicultural textile traditions. Slow Stitch is a much-needed guide to adopting a less-is-more approach, valuing quality over quantity, and bringing a meaningful and thoughtful approach to textile practice. Claire Wellesley-Smith introduces a range of ways in which you can slow your textile work down, including: * Using simple techniques inspired by traditional practice (including hand-stitch rhythms) * Reusing and re-inventing materials (reuse even old textile projects) * Limiting your equipment * Mending revisited (practical and decorative techniques) * Project ideas and resources that help towards making a more sustainable textile practice Richly illustrated throughout, and showcasing work from the best textile artists who work in this way, this is a truly inspirational book for those looking to reconnect with their craft and to find a new way of working.
- Author BiographyClaire Wellesley-Smith is a textile artist living and working in Yorkshire, UK. She teaches exetensively, working in adult education, schools, community-based projects, museums and galleris. Her workshops involve sustainable stitch, repurposed cloth, and traditional techniques.
- Author(s)Claire Wellesley-Smith
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication03/09/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note130
- Weight794 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.