Slow and Steady Get Me Ready for Kindergarten: 260 Activities to Do with Your Child from Age 0 to 5 by M Ed Hannah Joy Oberlander, June Oberlander (Paperback / softback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLooking for quick, engaging activities to prepare your child for kindergarten? Spend a few minutes a day with your child in productive, interactive play with Slow and Steady Get Me Ready For Kindergarten!Slow and Steady Get Me Ready For Kindergarten abounds with hands-on developmental activities that parents can do with their children between the ages of 0 and 5 years old to get them prepared for kindergarten. June R. Oberlander, a 19-year veteran kindergarten teacher in Fairfax County, Virginia, first published this book in 1988. Now her granddaughter, Hannah Oberlander, a current teacher in Loudoun County, Virginia, has updated and enhanced these classic activities for today's parents of the next generation. Organized in an easy-to-read format, these mini lessons prompt moms, dads, grandparents, caretakers, and guardians to play short, practical games with their children with step-by-step instructions, tips, and photos to guide them along the way. Activities are sorted for each age group between birth and kindergarten. Not only do they give a ballpark idea of how your child is developing, but also what activities and tasks he or she is currently ready for and what to be working towards over the weeks. Each activity has a box that clues parents in to which skills they are developing with their child. In addition, book ideas are referenced for each activity throughout Ages 3 and 4 to promote pre-reading skills and motivation.Slow and Steady Get Me Ready is like other guide to developmental play ideas for today's child. These activities are tried and true to engage your youngster for specific purposes that will enrich his or her physical and mental growth during these crucial years of a child's life. No iPod app or electronic resource can replace a parent's face-to-face interaction with his or her child. Recognizing that time in every home is always scarce, these quick and simple activities foster parent-child contact that is t only constructive but also meaningful. Standards for kindergarten entrance and placement have risen over the past thirty years. Educators and experts have concluded that early and consistent stimulation before entering school is essential to a child's development. Thus, it's more important than ever before for parents and caretakers of young children to promote early development through motor skills, communication, and cognitive learning. Slow and Steady Get Me Ready For Kindergarten is just the tool! The most-rewarding job in the world is parenting, so why t get off on the right foot?
- Author(s)June Oberlander,M Ed Hannah Joy Oberlander
- PublisherXulon Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintXulon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight802 g
- Width210 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.