All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWaltman's series opener [ Next ] (first of a planned four) features plenty of basketball action fueled by hoops slang that will set basketball-mad readers right onto the court. . . . The author avoids slam-dunk answers, leaving readers poised for the next book. Like Derrick, this series is off to a promising high school career. -- Kirkus Reviews Things were supposed to change for sophomore year. Things were supposed to be--I don't kw-- easier somehow. At least with Jasmine. Instead it's more of a struggle than ever. At least last year when she was with Nick Starks I knew where I stood. Derrick Bowen's sophomore year is a grind. He's been looking forward to the basketball season all summer, but his girlfriend Jasmine leaves him for putting too much focus on basketball. The promise his Marion East basketball team showed at the end of last season isn't materializing. And the sweet jumper D-Bow worked on all summer just isn't falling. When Derrick's father is severely injured in a car crash, Derrick is faced with a new reality where basketball can't be his only priority.Kevin Waltman teaches creative writing at the University of Alabama. He lives in Coker, Alabama, with his family. Slump is the second book in his D-Bow High School Hoops series.
- Author BiographyKevin Waltman: Kevin Waltman is an instructor at The University of Alabama. He lives in Coker with his wife Jessica, their daughter Calla, and their dog Henry. His first young adult novel, Nowhere Fast, was published by Scholastic in 2002, and his second, Learning the Game, was published by Scholastic in 2005.
- Author(s)Kevin Waltman
- PublisherCinco Puntos Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleD-Bow High School Hoops
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCinco Puntos Press
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.