All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFluid therapy is one of the most important, yet controversial, aspects of therapy in veterinary medicine. Opinions differ as to how best to provide fluid therapy in different disease states. Recognizing these differences, the author provides guidelines for the safe implementation of fluid and transfusion therapy in clinical practice. The text first describes the physiologic fluid compartments of the body and how fluid travels from place to place within the body. Clinical chapters then deal with how to place and maintain intraveus and intraosseous catheters, with crystalloids and colloids, with transfusion medicine, with the diagsis and treatment of electrolyte disorders, and with shock and resuscitation. Clinical cases reinforce the principles and concepts described and the book is fully illustrated throughout. The Color Handbook is designed to appeal alike to veterinary practitioners, to technicians/nurses and to veterinary students.
- Author BiographyWheat Ridge Veterinary Specialists, Wheat Ridge, CO, USA.
- Author(s)Elisa M. Mazzaferro
- PublisherManson Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2013
- SubjectVeterinary Science
- Series TitleVeterinary Color Handbook Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManson Publishing Ltd
- Content Note165 colour illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.