Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Small Arms Survey 2013 explores the many faces of armed violence outside the context of armed conflict. Chapters on the use of firearms in intimate partner violence, the evolution of gangs in Nicaragua, Italian organised crime groups, and trends in armed violence in South Africa describe the dynamics and effects of gun violence in the home and on the street. Many of the chapters in the 'weapons and markets' section zero in on the use of specific weapons by particular armed actors, such as drug-trafficking organisations and insurgents. These include chapters on the prices of arms and ammunition at illicit markets in Leban, Pakistan and Somalia; illicit weapons recovered in Mexico and the Philippines; and the impacts of improvised explosive devices on civilians. Chapters on the Second Review Conference of the UN Programme of Action and the industrial demilitarisation industry round out the 2013 volume.
- Author BiographyThe Small Arms Survey is an independent research project located at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland. It serves as the principal source of public information on all aspects of small arms and armed violence and as a resource centre for governments, policymakers, researchers and activists. The project has an international staff with expertise in security studies, political science, law, economics, development studies, sociology and criminology, and collaborates with a network of partners in more than 50 countries.
- Author(s)Small Arms Survey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleSmall Arms Survey
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note88 colour illus. 10 maps 33 tables
- Weight1110 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.