All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe Small Arms Survey 2014 considers the multiple roles of women in the context of armed violence, security, and the small arms agenda. The volume's thematic section comprises one chapter on violence against women and girls - with a focus on post-conflict Liberia and Nepal - and ather on the recent convergence of the small arms agenda with that of women, peace and security. Complementing these chapters are illustrated testimonies of women with experience as soldiers, rebels and security personnel. The 'weapons and markets' section assesses the potential impact of the Arms Trade Treaty, presents the 2014 Transparency Barometer and an update on the authorised small arms trade, and analyses recent ammunition explosions in the Republic of the Congo. Additionally, it examines ammunition circulating in Africa and the Middle East, maps the sources of insurgent weapons in Sudan and South Sudan, and evaluates crime gun records in the United States.
- Author BiographyThe Small Arms Survey is an independent research project located at the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, Switzerland. It serves as the principal source of public information on all aspects of small arms and armed violence and as a resource centre for governments, policy-makers, researchers and activists. The project has an international staff with expertise in security studies, political science, law, economics, development studies, sociology and criminology, and collaborates with a network of partners in more than 50 countries.
- Author(s)Small Arms Survey
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleSmall Arms Survey
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note70 b/w illus. 7 maps 39 tables
- Weight970 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byGeneva
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.