Small Dogs, Big Hearts: A Guide to Caring for Your Little Dog by Darlene Arden (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.90Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $8.56+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSmall dogs can bring big rewards! Small dogs are charming, intelligent, and loving, but they can also be overly energetic, manipulative, and stubborn. How do you ensure that your little dog becomes a fun, feisty best friend rather than a tiny terror? Small Dogs, Big Hearts is an updated and expanded edition of the classic The Irrepressible Toy Dog. It features the very latest, safest, and fastest training methods for little dogs. There's need to use training methods from the past that don't work well with most dogs, let alone little ones who view the world and their owners from a very different vantage point. You'll find everything you need to kw to train your little dog, from housetraining to house manners, in this updated volume. Small Dogs, Big Hearts follows the small dog from puppyhood through the senior years, giving advice on important topics such as: * socialization * housetraining * behavior * nutrition * healthcare * pampering your pint-sized pooch With lots of adorable photos, you'll see small dogs at their most charming while you learn to bring out the best in your little bundle of love. Darlene Arden is widely ackwledged as an authority on small dogs, and is the author of many books and articles about dogs and their care. A member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, she is a certified animal behavior consultant and a regular contributor to Animal Radio Network. Words of Appreciation for this book and its predecessor include: The voice of experience speaks about the hidden (and t so hidden) life of Toy dogs. Darlene Arden's sensible and practical advice is a must for would-be Toy dog owners. -Dr. Nicholas H. Dodman, Tufts University, Author of The Dog Who Loved Too Much Small Dogs, Big Hearts is an invaluable treasure of information...It includes every aspect of puppy care from infancy through adulthood. It is precise, beautifully written, and easily understood by both the professional dog exhibitor and the owner of a beloved family pet. Every person who contemplates purchasing a dog or who has a dog should own this book. - Victor Joris, AKC Toy Group Judge. Darlene Arden has come up with an informative book which, just like the little creatures that inspired it, manages to be of serious intent and at the same time entertaining. A thorough instruction manual for small dogs in general, it delves into the breed-specific joys and idiosyncrasies of these mini-sized canine charmers as well. - Lilian Barber, Author, The Italian Greyhound, 21st Century. For anyone who has owned a small dog, the best book ever written has been written by Darlene Arden. - Martha Smith, Providence Journal Bulletin. At last, we have a book devoted to Toy dogs written by an authority on Toy dog care...This book would be a worthwhile addition to any dog fancier's library. - Glenna Fierheller, Dogs in Canada. Arden's breezy, unassuming portrait of the Rodney Dangerfields of dogdom captures everything from their blue-collar feistiness to their charming insouciance. - Ranny Green The Seattle Times. If you've never considered yourself a 'small dog person,' this book could change your mind. If you've always loved Toys, you'll feel vindicated. And if you're considering a change of dog to a smaller breed this book will help you to avoid what could be fatal mistakes. The Irrepressible Toy Dog provides good advice for anyone with a dog, but for the Toy person it's a gift of understanding that will shatter the myth that all little dogs are or should be nasty, snappy brats. Brava! -Karen L. Overall, MA, VMD, PhD University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine. A Howell Dog Book of Distinction.
- Author BiographyDarlene Arden is widely acknowledged as the authority on small dogs. She is the author of many books and articles about dogs and their care. A member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, she is a certified animal behavior consultant and a regular contributor to Animal Radio Network.
- Author(s)Darlene Arden
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication23/06/2006
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight496 g
- Width205 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Contained items statementContains Online resource
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.