All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionRoused to speak by the injustices experienced over many years by Palestinian Christians amongst whom she has lived in the West Bank, long-term missionary Margaret Gaines offers a prophetic word to the Christian community and beyond. In this 'testimony', she traces the historical origins and development of the tensions by which this part of the world has been characterized, asking all parties - Muslims, Christians, and Jews - to seek understanding by viewing the grievances of each through the eyes of the other. By envisioning the other as friend instead of enemy she seeks to bring an end to the violence that haunts the country, creating an environment in which peace can take root and thrive. Weaving personal narrative with historical analysis and theological reflection Gaines delivers a prophetic word that, though unsettling to some, offers a distinctively Christian way forward in this troubled land.
- Author BiographyMargaret Gaines (MA, Church of God School of Theology) has served as a Church of God missionary for more than fifty years - serving in Tunisia, in France, and for thirty-two years in Aboud, a village in the West Bank of Palestine. She currently serves as Pastor of the Wattsville Church of God in Wattsville, Alabama.
- Author(s)Margaret Gaines
- PublisherCherohala Press
- Date of Publication22/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCherohala Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.