All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionSabic, Bukowski, and their contributors examine the efforts, thus far fruitless. of Slovenia to achieve full membership in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. The rejection of the Slovenian application received considerable attention, both in Europe and in the United States. Within Slovenia, the rejection was seen as a heavy blow to its government. Policymakers and scholars alike have been sorting out the reasons for this political defeat, with the Slovenian government sponsoring this volume to better understand its options and the positions of other small states in the international community. Early in the post-socialist era, Slovenia viewed full North Atlantic Treaty Organization membership as one of its major political goals. Yet, this goal has t yet been accomplished, with only the Czech Republic, Hungary, and Poland admitted during the first round of NATO enlargement. The rejection of the Slovenian application received considerable attention, both in Europe and in the United States. Furthermore, the fact that Slovenia did t qualify for the first round of NATO expansion has been perceived in Slovenia as a heavy blow to its government. Policymakers and scholars alike are still sorting out the reasons for this political defeat.
- Author BiographyZLATKO SABIC is Assistant Professor of International Relations at the University of Ljubljana.He is the author or co-author of three books, including Voting in International Organisations, and journal articles. CHARLES BUKOWSKI is Associate Professor and Director of the Institute of International Studies at Bradley University. Among his earlier publications is The Return of the Left in Post-Communist States (co-edited with Barnabas Racz).
- Date of Publication28/02/2002
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Notefigures, tables
- Weight454 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byCharles Bukowski,Zlatko Sabic
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.