All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.00
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionSmall-scale Water Supply provides n-specialists with an overview of the techlogies available for water supply in low-income communities in rural areas of developing countries. Focusing chiefly on point supplies such as wells, boreholes, springs and rainwater catchment systems, the book also introduces the reader to powered pumps, water treatment and piped distribution systems. Chapters cover design capacity, sources of water, raising water, storage and water treatment. The book contains useful illustrations of each of the techlogies and outline guidance on making appropriate choices between techlogies. The subject of water supply is vast and this handy book shows the reader where to begin in designing water supply systems. Extensive appendices point the reader to sources of further information for each techlogy, both in printed form and from Internet web pages. Published in collaboration with WELL (Water and Environmental Health at London and Loughborough).
- Author BiographyBrian Skinner is a civil engineer. He specializes in education, training and consultancy in low-cost water supply and sanitation, and is currently a programme manager at the Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC).
- Author(s)Brian Skinner
- PublisherITDG Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintITDG Publishing
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight335 g
- Width176 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.