Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDespite hundreds of billions of dollars spent on foreign aid to sub-Saharan Africa, a sure path to growth and development has t yet been found - and each new heralded approach has crumbled amid regrets and recriminations. The authors of Smart Aid for African Development provide critical assessments of the main components of foreign assistance, considering how smarter use can be made of available resources to advance growth and democracy, rebuild war-torn societies, and reduce the crippling poverty that underlies many of the continent's fierce conflicts.A critical assessment of the main components of foreign aid to sub-Saharan Africa, considering how smarter use can be made of available resources to advance growth and democracy, rebuild war-torn societies, and reduce the crippling poverty that pervades the continent.
- Author BiographyRichard Joseph is John Evans Professor of Political Science at Northwestern University. Alexandra Gillies is based at the University of Cambridge, where she is conducting research on oil-sector governance reform in Africa.
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/06/2009
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Edited byAlexandra Gillies,Richard Joseph
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.